Tuesday, March 20, 2012

When it Rains, it floods

Yes, yes, I know, when it rains it pours, which is also true, but here at the fam farm when it rains it floods, I would post a pic but sadly it hasn't stopped raining and we don't have a water camera (not to mention we have yet to find the cord).

This morning is no exception, I just spent the last 2 hours digging trenches trying to drain the pig pen, adding more perches and tarps to the chicken coops so they might have a spot to dry off (with it being so hot we didn't fully enclose their coops cause we figured they would like the openess in the heat of the summer--boy am I regretting that today), everything seems to be standing in pools of water, and to make things even better, the milking stand is out in the rain and poor Cookie is huddle up under the lean to shelter we have for them and the last thing I want to do is drag her out just to milk her (the bucket would fill with rain water before it had a chance to fill with milk) so I am currently trying to devise a plan to be able to milk her by myself in the kitchen (John is usually here to help me milk her when we do it inside, he holds her collar and pets her while i milk her, sadly he isn't home right now).

Anyhow, with all that said, I know we need the rain and I do appreciate it, but why can't we spread it out so that we get rain every night and not all at once in a day or 2 so we flood? Not trying to tell anybody how to do their job, just making a suggestion, now where did I put my swimsuit and goggles? (because my rainboots and rain coat just aren't cutting it today)

No comments:

Post a Comment