Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Friend Love me!!!

I have a dear friend that I have known for years, we are like day and night different from each other, but we go so far back that the point that we have practically nothing in common hasn't really stopped us from being friends through out the years--as friends who grow usually grow apart because of their minor differences it seems weird that it is our differences that actually seem to keep us together because we each learn from each other (even though I am sure she does most of the teaching). Anyhow, She tries to convince anyone and everyone that she is heartless and I would say a few other things but I am trying to keep this post G rated, so lets keep it at heartless, and to most people she probably is, but this week (like many other time in our lifes) she has definitely reminded me of just how much of a heart she does have. I won't point out her name because I know she would shoot me for spreading the word that she not only has a heart but that she has been as generous as she has this week, but I wanted to let her know how thankful I was for all she has done, not just this week but as we grew up together.

Now, incase you are all wonder just what i am talking about--yesterday I received a package in the mail, she took the time and effort and ordered me Non-GMO, Non-Hybrid seeds, when I called her up to thank her she pointed out that despite how big the package was she didn't spend a fortune, but it isn't the point that she bought them (as much as I do appreciate that) it is that she took the time in her busy life to sit down and actually order some (and she put a lot of thought into what she ordered me) because for the last 3 months I myself have been saying 'I need to order my seeds' but it has yet to happen, now I have 4 days before Spring break and I realized that I had put it of for too long and was looking at seeds in the stores but the Heirloom varieties were definitely lacking and so one must say, finding the seeds in the mail broke my heart and made me cry tears of joy cause it was 1 less thing I had to do.

Now, to tell you just what I received: (note, this is going to be long, it was an 85 variety pack which included 1 complimentary seed packet)

Survival Essentials 25 type/Variety (E pak)
  1. Peppers, Cubanelle (75 seeds)
  2. Turnip, White Egg (400 seeds)
  3. Tomato, Homestead 24 (50 seeds)
  4. Tomato, Ace 55 (50 seeds)
  5. Onion, Evergreen Bunching Nebuka (200 seeds)
  6. Melon, Honey Dew Green Flesh (50 seeds)
  7. Lettuce, Prizehead (500 seeds)
  8. Chicory, Red Verona (175 seeds)
  9. Cucumber, Straight Eight (50 seeds)
  10. Corn Salad, Dutch (150 seeds)
  11. Squash (scallop) Early White (Bush) (25 Seeds)
  12. Lettuce, Butter Crunch (500 Seeds)
  13. Kohlrabi-White Vienna (200 seeds)
  14. Coriander, Long Standing (50 seeds)
  15. Beet, Ruby Queen (150 seeds)
  16. Basil, Italian Large Leaf (150 Seeds)
  17. Watermelon, Crimson Sweet (50 Seeds)
  18. Turnips, Seven Top (400 Seeds)
  19. Tomato, Red Cherry Large (50 seeds)
  20. Tomato, Floradale (50 seeds)
  21. Swiss Chard, Ruby Red (75 seeds)
  22. Summer Savory (75 seeds)
  23. Squash,Table King (bush) (75 Seeds)
  24. Pepper, Serrano (75 seeds)
  25. Pepper, Early Jalapeno (75 seeds)

30 types/varieties (D pak)

  1. Amaranth, Red Garnet (200 seeds)
  2. Borage (30 seeds)
  3. Cress, Curled (350 seeds)
  4. Swiss Chard, Lucullus (75 seeds)
  5. Collards, Vates (300 Seeds)
  6. Okra, Red Burgandy (50 seeds)
  7. Kohlrabi, Purple Vienna (200 seeds)
  8. Kale, Dwarf Siberian (500 Seeds)
  9. Fennel, Florence (75 seeds)
  10. Pepper, Cayenne (75 seeds)
  11. Pepper, Sweet Banana (75 seeds)
  12. Onion, Red Burgundy (200 seeds)
  13. Celery, Tall Utah (300 seeds)
  14. Watermelon, Charleston Grey (50 seeds)
  15. Pumpkin, Small sugar (25 seeds)
  16. Melon, Banana (30 seeds)
  17. Squash, dark Green Zucchini (25 seeds)
  18. Squash, Waltham Butternut (25 seeds)
  19. Cucumber, Boston Pickling (50 seeds)
  20. Turnip, Shogoin (400 seeds)
  21. Mustard,Florida Broadleaf (600 seeds)
  22. Eggplant, Long Purple (50 seeds)
  23. Lettuce, Bronze Mignonette (500 seeds)
  24. Cucumber, Poinsett 76 (50 seeds)
  25. Radish, White Icicle (200 seeds)
  26. Radish, French Breakfast (200 seeds)
  27. Tomato, Yellow Pear (50 seeds)
  28. Lettuce, Red Romaine (500 seeds)
  29. tomato, Roma (50 seeds)
  30. Carrot, Red Cored Chantenay (500 seeds)

30 Type.Varieties

  1. Cabbage, Pak Choi (complimentary seed pack)
  2. Dill, Mammoth Long Island (100 seeds)
  3. Cucumber, Marketmore (50 seeds)
  4. Collards, Morris Heading (300 seeds)
  5. Cauliflower, Snowball Y (100 Seeds)
  6. Carrot, Royal Chantenay (500 seeds)
  7. Carrots, Scarlet Nantes (500 seeds)
  8. Cantaloupe, Hales Best Jumbo (50 seeds)
  9. Cabbage, Copenhagen Market (100 Seeds)
  10. Eggplant, Black Beauty (50 seeds)
  11. Broccoli, Green Sprouting (100 Seeds)
  12. Beets, Detroit Dark Red (150 Seeds)
  13. Watermelon, Sugar Baby (50 seeds)
  14. Caraway (100 seeds)
  15. Cabbage, Red Acre (100 seeds)
  16. Brussel Sprouts, Long Island Improved (150 seeds)
  17. Beet, Early Wonder 150 seeds)
  18. Arugula (Roquette) (500 Seeds)
  19. Onions, White Sweet Spanish (200 Seeds)
  20. Okra, Clemson Spineless (50 seeds)
  21. Lettuce, Oak Leaf (500 seeds)
  22. Lettuce, Black seeded Simpson (500 Seeds)
  23. Radish, Cherry Belle (200 Seeds)
  24. Rutabaga, American purple top (400 seeds)
  25. Spinach, Bloomsdale Long standing (100 seeds)
  26. Squash, Early Prolific Straight Neck (25 seeds)
  27. Squash, Acorn Table Queen (25 seeds)
  28. Bell Pepper, California Wonder (75 seeds)
  29. Tomato, Marglobe Improved (50 seeds)
  30. Tomato, Rutgers (50 seeds)
  31. Turnips, Purple Top White Globe (400 seeds)
I have to be honest, I have no idea what most of those things are--and don't worry, that doesn't mean she failed me, my friend did this on purpose to help me grow and learn new things (she does this cause she truly believes I can become a 'better person' and this is why I love her). Anyhow, I was wondering if any of you had any advice on how to plant and care for these different kind of seeds/plants (don't worry, i don't expect you to give instructions on each and every one, just wondering if you have any advice)--I definitely have a lot of research to do so advice would be appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment